Mayor & Board of Commission
The citizens of Douglas are represented by six commissioners and a mayor:
- Tony Paulk, Mayor
- Edwin Taylor, Commissioner Ward One
- Kentaiwon Durham, Commissioner Ward Two
- Olivia Pearson, Commissioner Ward Three
- Michael Gowen, Commissioner Ward Four
- Cindy McNeill, Commissioner Ward Five
- Bob Moore, Commissioner Ward Six & 2021 Mayor Pro Tem
City Commission Meetings
- 7:00 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of each month
- Agendas and minutes of City Commission meetings are located in the Archive Center. Link to Archive Center
- The YouTube video of the most recent Commission meeting are located at the bottom of this page.
- To maintain social distancing guidelines, meetings have been temporarily been moved to the CE Weir Center, 307 E. Bryan Street, Douglas, GA 31533.
Who is My Commissioner?
Find your address on the below map to determine which of our six commissioners serves your district. City Ward Map (PDF)
Contact the Coffee County Elections Office at 912-384-7018 for your ward and commissioner based on your city address.
Commission Agendas & Minutes
Agendas for City Commission meetings are available online, in the lobby at City Hall, and at the entrance of the Council Chambers prior to the meeting.
Following approval, minutes will be posted on the website. This means the minutes may be delayed for 2 to 3 weeks.
Procedure To Be Placed On Agenda
The City of Douglas welcomes citizens to attend and participate in City Commission meetings. When a citizen has a concern or question for the local government, there are guidelines that need to take place prior to the meeting. There is a method in which a citizen may be placed on the City Commission Work Session Agenda – as a person who may speak during general comments which are restricted to three minutes.
If a citizen wishes to be placed on the City Commission Work Session agenda under the general comments section, the citizen should notify the City Manager’s office no later than 12noon on the day of the City Commission meeting. Under the general comments section of the City Commission Work Session meeting, the speaking time will be limited to 3 minutes.
HAVE AN ISSUE OR NEED TO REPORT A PROBLEM?
Our "One Click to City Hall" request tracker offers customers the ability to submit concerns and work orders to the City of Douglas.
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
View previous City Commission meetings on our YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/c/CityofDouglasGAgov (please note: recordings are not immediately available and are usually posted within 3 days following the meeting).