The Public Information Division of Community Development is dedicated to educate, engage, and inspire our community to help them better understand and participate in their City Government.
The Public Information Office is here to facilitate communication with citizens, businesses, elected officials, and the City Manager’s Office regarding City services, projects, and events. The Public Information Office also works to communicate directly with members of the media in both preparing and placing stories and responding to media inquiries. A key goal of this office is to deliver timely, accurate, consistent, cohesive and strategic communications to the City’s citizens.
Our scope of work is to:
- Facilitate city-wide media relations, events, marketing and communications; distribute information to various media
- Content management, programming, and production of WDTV-13 Douglas’ local government access channel; schedules guests and hosts Douglas On My Mind, a local community program.
- Content management and programmer of the electronic message centers.
- Content management of the City’s website and social media initiatives/pages (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Coordinate Douglas 101 Citizen’s Academy
- Media Releases
- Assists with Tourism / Promotions
View the Community Development Department’s staff directory.