KEY DATES FOR MAY 24, 2022 SPECIAL ELECTION
- Persons interested in qualifying for the Ward 6 Commission seat, should do so in person beginning Monday, March 7, 2022, 8AM, through Friday, March 11, 2022, 12PM, at the City of Douglas Customer Service Center - Office of the City Clerk, located at 800 S. Peterson Avenue, Douglas.
- Citizens, who are not registered to vote in Ward 6 and would like to vote during the Special Election, must register to vote and live in Ward 6. The deadline to register to vote in the Special Election will be Monday, April 25, 2022, 5PM at the Coffee County Elections office, located at 224 W. Ashley Street.
- Early voting will begin on Monday, May 2, 2022, 8:30AM through Friday, May 20, 2022, 5:00PM at the Coffee County Elections office (224 W. Ashley Street).
- There will be two Saturdays available for early voting – Saturday May 7, 9AM-5PM and Saturday, May 14, 9AM-5PM at the Coffee County Elections Office (224 W. Ashley Street).
- Special Election Day will be May 24, 2022, 7AM-7PM, at Central Square Gymnasium, 200 S. Madison Avenue.
For more information regarding the Special Election, please contact Wynetta Bolder, (912)389-3405 or call the Elections Office at (912)384-7018.
Contact the Coffee County Elections Office at 912-384-7018 for your ward and commissioner based on your city address.
The city clerk is the custodian of the city’s official records and is responsible for:
- Disseminating information to elected officials, staff, and citizens
- Fulfilling Open Record Requests (PDF)
- Producing and/or providing minutes and agendas to the public
- Providing certified copies of documents
- Updating City Code Ordinances
- City Volunteer Boards and Commissions Application
HAVE AN ISSUE OR NEED TO REPORT A PROBLEM?
Our "One Click to City Hall" request tracker offers customers the ability to submit concerns and work orders to the City of Douglas.
View the City Clerk’s staff directory.