Water & Wastewater
The City of Douglas contracts with ESG Operations, Inc. to provide services for the Water, Wastewater & Stormwater Division. The responsibilities of this division include: maintaining 18 wastewater lift stations, four half-million gallon elevated tanks, and six wells. Other responsibilities include:
- Pumping an average of 4.8 million gallons of water per day
- Serving an estimated 4,700 households
- Treating up to six million gallons of wastewater per day
- 2021 Water Quality Report for County (Oak Park Residents)
- 2021 Water Quality Report (City of Douglas Residents)
- Visit EPA database for a full Consumer Confidence Report (CCR). Follow this link: Environmental Protection Agency
- Georgia EPD Drought Notice
- Outdoor Water Use Schedule
Call Before You Dig
Before you start digging, call (800) 282-7411 to find out the location of nearby power lines. View the Call Before You Dig brochure for more information.
Watershed Protection Plan
The purpose of the Watershed Protection Plan is to develop and implement outreach efforts to educate and inform the public about watershed, water quality, conservation, and preservation related to stormwater.
Goals of the plan include:
- To build awareness of watershed issues in general
- To change behaviors that negatively effect the watershed
- To encourage behaviors that protect, preserve, and restore the watershed
- To inform citizens about activities that impact the watershed
"Only Rain Down the Drain" Door Hanger
Plans are underway to organize some community stream cleanup dates and storm drain stenciling, which will be announced at a later date. For more information, please call the City of Douglas Water/Wastewater Department at (912) 389-3447.
Report a Problem?
View the Water/Wastewater Department's staff directory.