On April 30, 2021 Governor Kemp signed Executive Order 4.30.21.01 relating to COVID-19 guidance in Georgia which is in effect May 1 through May 30, 2021.
According to the press release from the Governor's Office, the key provisions in the new order are:
- Modifies the social distancing and sanitation requirements for residents and visitors to “strongly encouraged.”
- Eliminates the restaurant and bar table distancing requirements and workers mask requirement.
- Eliminates all specific requirements for gyms and fitness centers, movie theaters, body art studios, estheticians, hair stylists, and massage therapists.
- Reduces the requirements for Conventions.
- Eliminates the requirement that childcare facilities prohibit all unnecessary visitors.
- Provides that Live Performance Venues, regardless of seating capacity, are only required to follow the guidelines for all Organizations, and such venues may implement additional measures in conjunction with the performer or organizer of an event.
- Maintains that professional, collegiate, and high school sports organizations and events shall operate pursuant to the rules or guidelines issued by their respective league, conference, or association.
- Clarifies that graduation ceremonies are only required to follow the guidelines for all Organizations.
Link to Governor's Official Press Release
Link to Governor's Executive Orders