The City of Douglas Code Enforcement is launching a Junk and Inoperable Vehicle Abatement Campaign in October. The goal of this campaign is to provide an incentive for citizens to properly dispose of vehicles.
The City of Douglas Code Enforcement office wants citizens to know there are options for the disposal of junk cars or inoperable vehicles. Several businesses in the Douglas-Coffee County area accept and purchase vehicles for scrap metal providing you meet their criteria.
- Foskey’s Auto Parts— 2625 Willacoochee Hwy, Douglas, GA 31535. (912)384-4231 or (877)292-0269
- Jewell Recycling—1262 Us Highway 221 N, Douglas, GA 31533. (912) 383-7187.
- Kenny’s Wrecker Service—5898 Douglas/Broxton Hwy. Broxton, GA 31519. (912)359-2222
- Morrison’s Body Shop—495 GA Connector 206 NW. (912)384-5790
- Newton’s Body Shop – 510 S. Gaskin Avenue, Douglas, GA 31533. (912)850-4597
Citizens can also donate their cars for FREE! If you have a vehicle that is not in running condition, you can donate it to a charity to benefit others. Often the charity will pick up the vehicle at no cost.
- Make A Wish—www.wheelsforwishes.org
- Kars 4 Kids—www.kars4kids.org
- Donate A Car 2 Charity—www.donateacar2charity.com
- Vehicles for Veterans—www.vehiclesforveterans.org
Most importantly avoid a citation and fine of up to $1,000 by disposing of your inoperable vehicle. For more information, contact the City of Douglas Code Enforcement Office at (912)389-3462.